10. Wear Comfortable Shoes – You will walk almost everywhere for 3-4 days. You will be happier if your feet are happy.
9. Pack a lightweight jacket or sweater – Regardless of the temperatures outside, the convention center, exhibitor hall, and session rooms will be a little cool.
8. Pack a small light snacks – Consider snacks that will travel well such as snack packs of nuts, dried fruit, pretzels, protein bar, etc…
7. Pack Tylenol or ibuprofen – After all of the walking, you may feel a little achy and need a little relief.
6. Research the L.A. Area – When not attending sessions, take time to enjoy what the local area has to offer with restaurants, shopping and places to explore.
5. Look through the Convention Bag you receive when you check -in – Helpful information are in those Convention Bags and sometimes some goodies
4. Participate in the fun games sponsored by ASHA like the ASAH Mobile Adventure to win $500.00 and Attend ASHA Receptions and Social Events – This will keep your social calendar full during 2017 ASHA convention.
3. Visit the Exhibitor Hall – Learn about products and services that will be helpful to you as a SLP, SLPA, Professor, Instructor, Graduate Student and pick up some Free Goodies.
2. Plan out the sessions to attend – Using 2017 ASHA Program Book will allow you to review the sessions you are interested in attending. Access the Program Planner Mobile App – This will allow you to plan out each session you would like to attend. Connect with iTunes: http://on.asha.org/2xQkW1O or Android: http://on.asha.org/2vJv1Nm
1. Attend Sessions and Have Fun Learning!
Wishing you all the best,